About the Lordsbridge Team
The Lordsbridge Team was created in late 2010 from four benefices, enabling the Team churches to work in co-operation and share ministry, while maintaining links between the clergy and their geographical oversight. We are a network of worshipping communities spread over eleven villages to the west of Cambridge, served by a core team of four incumbent-status clergy.
The Lordsbridge Team Ministry formally became a legal reality in 2010, but we had been working together and growing closer together over a number of years. Currently, there are thirteen or more worshipping communities in this network: eleven worship in ancient parish churches, one is becoming a Fresh Expression of Church meeting in a village hall, one is a loose community of young people, and there are other possibilities and opportunities.
We have three primary working principles:
- The Lordsbridge Team is a network of worshipping communities rooted in their local contexts.
- The Team works primarily through its worshipping communities and enables greater flourishing in their life and mission.
- The Team allows us to be more than individual parishes and to do things together that could not be done alone.
Alongside these we have identified these key values for the direction of the Team’s life:
- Mission: a desire to be mission-focused in our nature and activities, with prayer being central to this
- Celebration: remembering how God has been active in our communities over many years and is still active and creative now
- Relationships: growing worshipping communities, building the network, and consolidating relationships between churches, denominations, village groups, businesses and schools
- Enjoyment: through being and doing things together.
The Team Council has also stated that prayer is the ‘engine house’ for all that we do.
Please explore our website to find out more about our vision and what we offer.
Lordsbridge Team Coronavirus Update – ongoing from 21st March 2020
The Church continues to be alive and active, but our buildings must close
We are seeing a huge increase in the number of people falling sick with COVID-19. We must distance ourselves from one another and prevent the spread of infection in order to save lives.
Therefore, as well as public worship being suspended, all Lordsbridge Team churches and all church buildings in the Church of England are now closed.
Our worship of God and our care for each other continue but cannot be done in our buildings.
Despite this, the Lordsbridge Team and the individual church communities are still present and active in the many villages covered by the team.
To get in touch or find out how to join others for prayer, worship and community life, please speak to your Lead Minister. You could also visit the pages on this Lordsbridge Team website or you could visit the Diocese of Ely website at www.elydiocese.org.
Jesus said: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”
To protect the vulnerable amongst us, please do not leave your home except for essential trips