The Lordsbridge Team follow the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ policy and accompanying procedures. All activities and events that are conducted in the name of the Lordsbridge Team will pay due regard to this policy and accompanying procedures.
However, most events and activities that take place within the Lordsbridge Team come under the authority of a particular PCC and it is the responsibility of each PCC to ensure all activities and events follow the House of Bishops’ policy and procedures. Each PCC:
- has adopted the House of Bishops’ policy
- is committed to following the House of Bishops’ policy and accompanying procedures
- has appointed a Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO)
- displays contact details of the PSO, and local leaders, where to get help with safeguarding issues
To help PCCs do this the Lordsbridge Team has appointed a clergy person as the safeguarding lead who will work with incumbents, PCCs and Parish Safeguarding Officers across the Team. The current lead is Rev. David Newton, 01223 665654, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Diocesan contacts for safeguarding are as follows:
- Rebecca Boswell, Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, 07904 487912, email@example.com
- Sarah King, Diocesan Safeguarding Officer, 07776 661798, firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the Police on 101 or 999.
Further support and guidance is also available from the diocese. http://www.elydiocese.org/safeguarding/policy-and-practice-guidance
Our Whistleblowing Policy is available to view here.
Our Recruitment of Ex-offenders policy is available to view here.